HOUNDOG ADVENTURE PARK
The ultimate pups playground on 5.3 acres
We’re a family run business and our motto is life’s better in the great outdoors! Our philosophy is connecting dogs with other social dogs in nature. Exposing your dog to fresh air is important – dogs actually need time outdoors for their physical and mental well being. We’ve created a Doggy Daycare experience like no other! Our daycare is set on 5.3 acres. We have the beautiful “Waterbark” Private Beach Lagoon and the “Big Dig” Sand Arena. We also have our own agility course and Mutts Mountain to keep the dogs entertained. Our Doggy Bus comes to you and your dog spends 3 to 4 hours with us & his mates on our beautiful acreage property. We also boast a huge air-conditioned indoor area for the little dogs or for those rainy days or hot summer days. All new dogs that join are “temperament tested” before joining in with the regular pack. Our playgroup is separated into 3 or 4 different groups according to personality and size. Small dogs & shy dogs do NOT share the same space as the big dogs, giving those little dog owners peace of mind. We have a trained team supervising at all times. All of our team are experts in Dog Body Language. When it comes to “play” we offer a strictly controlled environment with rules and boundaries in place. Being dog behaviourists, we understand the importance of “matching personalities” and keeping the groups manageable. This system assures that every dog gets individual attention and guarantees the safety & fun of each dog attending daycare. Your dog receives lots of exercise, mental stimulation, socialisation, swimming & running, before being returned to you – exhausted and satisfied.
WHY DO SOME DOGS WEAR MUZZLES?
Baskerville Exercise Muzzles are a Valuable Safety Tool. For many people, the idea of Muzzles evokes a long-standing association with aggression. But muzzles are not just for aggression anymore. Rather than vilifying muzzles, its time to appreciate muzzles for all the good things they can do for dogs.
At Houndog, Safety always comes FIRST – For example, if a new pack member starts to become ‘reactive” when being introduced to the other dogs, we may use a muzzle as a bite prevention measure. Of course this is in consultation with the owner. Muzzles are also worn by some dogs that guard balls or sticks or dogs that herd other dogs and make contact.
We’re Absolutely Not an Indoor Facility –
- There’s no concrete floors – just beautiful lush turf
- There’s no walls, no fake tre’s, no fake grass – just open dpaces and teal scents to smell
- There’s no cramming all the dogs into a small space – we have huge separate areas for the big dogs and small dogs
- We nurture through nature. We offer a massive space so your dog can actually RUN RUN RUN!
We’re extremely proud of our Private Beach Lagoon – it was purpose built for the dogs – it’s a first of it’s kind offered at any Doggy Daycare facility anywhere in Australia! It even has its own waterfalls! The water is all natural – no harsh chemicals like regular dog pools. If your dog is adventurous he may like to try dock diving from our purpose built diving platform. Look around because you simply won’t find anything like the Houndog Adventure Park in Brisbane!
THINKING OF SENDING YOUR DOG TO DOG DAYCARE?
To ensure “harmony” among the pack, unfortunately we don’t just accept random casual dogs into the group. Joining the daycare program is not a short-term view – the majority of our daycare dogs have been attending regularly for many years. Attending regularly improves a dog’s overall behaviour and social skills with other dogs and creates a regular routine. Unlike many daycare providers – we at Houndog are not a numbers game! Meaning we prefer quality over quantity – we always put the safety & happiness of the current pack above all else. This approach gives our current clients peace of mind because they know we have the highest of standards when it comes to joining new pack members. We’re like a family here at Houndog and we pride ourselves in knowing all the daycare dogs intimately. All new pack members are temperament tested first so we can access their personality and play style & make sure they’re a good fit. Because safety & harmony among the pack is our mission, we don’t accept anti-social dogs, chronic humpers or dogs with play styles that are way too intense or intimidating. We don’t allow pinning, biting, intimidation or antagonising of other dogs in the playgroup.
NOT SURE IF YOUR DOG IS SUITABLE FOR DOG DAYCARE?
At Houndog, we only accept social dogs at daycare. By “social” we mean dogs that have lots of exposure to other dogs on a regular basis and want to engage, be “social” & play with other dogs. Many dogs are NOT suitable for doggy daycare. We don’t accept anti-social dogs, breeds that herd, chronic humpers or dogs with play styles that are way too intense or intimidating. We don’t allow pinning, biting, reactivity, resource guarding of sticks & balls, intimidation or antagonising of other dogs in our playgroup. Houndog is not a “rehabilitation” service, so if your dog does not enjoy the company of other dogs or just wants to “herd” other dogs – they will not be suitable for our Dog Daycare. New pack members are temperament tested first so we can assess their personality and play style & make sure they’re a good fit. Safety & harmony among the pack is our first priority.
SOCIAL ASSESSMENTS WITH OUR IN-HOUSE TRAINER
If you’re not sure of your dog’s personality among a playgroup, for a fee, one of our in-house dog trainers can undertake a “one on one” “social assessment” at one of the local dog parks. Our trainer will let you know if your dog is suitable for our doggy daycare. If your dog passes the social assessment, they can then participate in a paid “trial day” at the Houndog Adventure Park.
Unique activities offered at the Houndog Adventure Park include:
- Swimming & dive docking in our unique dog beach lagoon – it’s like a mini Southbank for dogs
- Chasing our team around the property on the mountain bikes and electric scooter
- Expelling energy running & playing on our Olympic size sand arena or discovering Mutts Mountain
- Enjoying the wonderful dog sport of lure coursing
- Nose work – using their unique sense of smell participating in “nose work” & treasure hunts
- Mental stimulation & playtime on our agility equipment
- Free massages from our team in the mutts massage room
1/2 Day Option
A mobile “door to door service” where our Doggy Bus comes to you for pick up & drop off. We head back to the Adventure Park for 3–4 hours of FUN.
(Pricing 1/2 Day – $70+gst, second dog $65+gst)
Full Day Option
All day access to the Adventure Park offered on Wednesdays & Thursdays only. Drop your dog off to us at 6.30am -7am & collect between 4pm -4.30pm.
(Pricing Full Day – $90+gst, second dog $85+gst)
Our daycare runs on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays – we offer 2 options – 1/2 days or full days. Before joining our daycare program – all dogs are temperament tested first (via our paid trial day assessment). This is done to assess a dog’s personality and play style to ensure it is the right fit for our Doggy Daycare.
Pricing for Doggy Day Care:
1/2 Day Option – Mobile service (the Doggy Bus comes to you) Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
- 1 dog $70 + gst
- 2nd dog $65 + gst
Full Day Option is available Wednesday & Thursdays only (ie you drop off & pick up)
- 1 Dog $90 + gst (6.30-7am – 4-4.30pm)
- 2nd Dog $85 + gst (6.30-7am – 4-4.30pm)
The Adventure Park is the Ultimate Outdoor Daycare Experience – it’s the Largest in QLD at 5.3 Acres
FULL DAY ADVENTURES – Available NOW on WEDNESDAYS
- Drop off and collect your own dog before and after work
- Check in at 7am & check out between 4pm – 5pm
- Full day access to the Adventure Park between 7am – 5pm
The Houndog Adventure Park offers
- FULL mobile service to your door – our buses collect from 70% of suburbs around Brisbane (please check with us that we service your area)
- 1/2 day access to the Adventure Park (3 to 4 hours)
- We pick up & drop off from your home (full mobile service)
- Activities include social playtime, agility, chasing the staff on the bikes, electric scooter, lure course, swimming in our PRIVATE beach lagoon
- Professionally edited photos & music videos of the day
- Beach time – low impact exercise & swimming lessons to improve your dog’s fitness & survival skills around the water
- 5 HUGE separate large paddocks with the small dogs & shy dogs away from the big dogs
- Huge air-conditioned INDOOR area for the little dogs (and for those rainy days)
- Supervision by qualified Dog Behaviourists – excellent staff to dog ratio (6 team members supervising)
- We only accept social dogs in our group; all dogs have been temperament tested before joining
- We have a strict screening process before new dogs join (unlike some other daycare centres that take any random dogs, any time, any temperament)
- Confidence building for puppies & shy dogs
- Small manageable numbers grouped together according to personality & size
- Exercised & socialised in a controlled environment
New dogs undertake a behavioural assessment before joining our Doggy Daycare. The assessment involves a friendly chat on the phone to discuss your goals, filling out a “profile questionnaire”, followed by a temperament test via a paid trial day.
Qualification Criteria: (Please Note – Puppies and nervous/shy dogs benefit enormously in our spacious environment & are separate from the big dogs)
- Fully vaccinated & on flea/tick control
- Males must be desexed from 6months but females are acceptable if not de-sexed
- Social with other dogs – we do not accept any anti-social behaviour – we don’t allow pinning, biting, humping or antagonising of other dogs
- Please Note – Not all dogs are suitable for Dog Daycare – if a dog is overwhelmed at Doggy Daycare & doesn’t grow in confidence with 3 to 4 sessions – we’ll inform you they’re not suitable & put you in touch with a dog psychologist/trainer before returning to daycare (Houndog has the highest work ethics – if your dog doesn’t enjoy the Doggy Daycare experience – we simply won’t take your money & profess your dog enjoys it – unfortunately this kind of synopsis is common practice at some daycare facilities)
- Committed to the regular schedule (there are no contracts & you can withdraw any time but socialisation/exercise should be seen as a long-term view)